Originally written by Robyn Bloch | Revised & Updated by Carina Claassens
When blogging first kicked off in the 90’s it was a popular way of digitising your thoughts and sharing them with the world. It was more of a personal online journal than a clever content marketing platform. Today, everyone, from Fortune 500 companies to your local butcher, has a blog.
Having a blog is not just about getting your information out there. The statistics and facts mentioned below all point to the same conclusion, deeming blogging a crucial part of your marketing strategy.
Having a company blog dramatically increases visits to your site and will create more inbound links to improve your SEO.
- 57% of companies with a blog have gained more customers.
- The informal and casual tone of a blog creates a friendly, open feel that aids in building a community.
- This community feel adds humanity to a potentially otherwise faceless brand.
- Constantly updating your blog shows commitment, which inspires trust in customers.
- On average a company blog leads to 97% more inbound links.
- 69% of businesses attribute their lead generation success to blogging.
- Blogs attract repeat visitors because people come back for fresh content.
- Small businesses that blog get 126% more lead growth than small businesses that do not blog.
- Once a site has over 300 indexed pages, traffic generation increases by 236%. Blogs significantly increase the number of indexed pages a site has.
- 61% of U.S. online consumers have made a purchase based on recommendations from a blog.
- A blog doesn’t necessarily have to tout the product or service associated with it; in fact, a blog is a space for value-adding content that does not attempt to sell anything.
- A blog addresses the needs of clients at all stages of the buying cycle, from research to post-purchase.
- Following Google’s Panda updates, a lot of weight is given to mentions on social media platforms. A blog forms the centre point for your social media marketing campaign and thus SEO.
- According to WordPress over 359 million people view more than 11.2 billion pages each month.
- The same research showed that users produce about 47.2 million new posts and 68.1 million new comments each month.
- There are 152,000,000 blogs on the internet.
- 346 million people read blogs throughout the world.
- Blogging increases your web visits by 55%.
Writing compelling content and structuring your blog in such a way as to attract more eyes to your site is not a difficult feat to achieve. Remember, blogging is all about quality content, regular updates and a fresh approach.
Check out more posts about blogging:
12 Steps to Creating a Powerhouse Blog
Marketing Your Blog
Writing for the Web
Sound Idea Digital is a full digital marketing agency. For more information, contact 012 66 44 227 or email to email@example.com
Carina Claassens is a Writer for Sound Idea Digital l firstname.lastname@example.org l @SoundIdea l www.soundidea.co.za
blog comments powered by Disqus